Failure to meet or comply with these requirements may result in removal from the association.
1. My business will consistently provide to clients quality goods and services that conform to standards which are reasonably expected within the wedding services industry.
2. My business will accurately and honestly represent to all parties in all professional communications (including written, electronic, and verbal), my business expertise, qualifications and services.
3. My business will comply with all business permits and licensing requirements in all municipalities in which I do business, and will maintain as current and valid, those required licenses and permits. Individuals within my business will also hold any required licenses or professional certifications appropriate to their position within the industry in which our business operates.
4. My business will consistently serve each client fairly and honestly, abiding by what is stated in a clearly written agreement or contract that stipulates all terms, conditions, and charges for goods or services to be delivered.
5. My business will communicate clearly and accurately with clients, suppliers, and other wedding professionals regarding charges for services, pricing lists, billing and payment options, and any other requirements relating to the goods and services offered.
6. My business will endeavor to resolve all disputes or misunderstandings that may arise in a prompt and professional manner to the best of my ability.
7. My business will endeavor to conduct all business with the public, my colleagues, and GIWA in a manner that avoids any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest.
8. My business will cooperate with and make referrals to other GIWA members, except when such cooperation and referrals is not in clients’ best interests.
9. My business will refrain from knowingly or recklessly making false or misleading statements about competitors, their businesses, or their business practices.
10. My business will honor the trust, privacy, and confidence of clients and other GIWA members by treating information shared in the course of conducting business with the utmost discretion.
11. My business will treat all clients, other GIWA members, wedding professionals, suppliers and vendors, and business associates in a professional manner, respecting intellectual property rights (including but not limited to logos, trademarks, and copyrights) and not plagiarizing the work of others.
12. My business will not forward, copy, distribute, or disseminate to anyone other than GIWA members the information contained in emails as well as attachments provided by the Golden Isles Wedding Association and intended for the sole use of GIWA members.
13. My business’s membership may be revoked from GIWA by a majority vote of the board members.
I automatically agree to abide by this GIWA code of ethics by application to the association and by paying membership dues. I understand that failure to adhere to this code of ethics may result in removal from the association.